Microtest has the personnel, equipment, and experience to deliver superior protein analysis in pharmaceutical product assays. Our ability to perform a wide array of analysis techniques in a single laboratory lets our trained chemists swiftly observe trends and produce comprehensive reports.
We’ve successfully used the following protein analysis methods:
- SDS-PAGE (reduced and non-reduced). Gel electrophoresis technique used to separate proteins based on size.
- Western blot (immunoblot). Technique performed after gel electrophoresis; used to detect a protein of interest in a mixture of proteins.
- Isoelectric focusing. Technique used to separate proteins based on their electric charge.
- Size exclusion chromatography. HPLC technique that separates proteins based on size.
- Reverse-phase HPLC. Technique that separates proteins based on polarity.
- Ion exchange chromatography. HPLC technique that separates proteins based on electric charge.
- UV-Vis. Technique used to measure the amount of protein present, with extinction coefficient utilized to measure this directly, or BCA assay performed to determine total protein concentration.
Expert Microtest chemists work with state-of-the-art equipment. They apply wide GC experience in both R&D and contract laboratories worldwide to quickly identify potential problems and provide efficient protein analysis solutions.